My contact at Wakaba Inn in central Kurokawa and the staff at the Visitor Center are happy to report that most inns and baths are OPEN AS NORMAL . Please see below for latest information on those that will be opening soon for Golden Week .
(Information correct as of 9am on 4/27)
Ryokan Yamanoyu : open from 4/28
Ryokan Ichinoi : expecting to open from 4/29
Yumerindo : open from 4/29 (for entry to baths only)
Hanadomari : open from 4/29
Ryokan Okunoyu : open from 4/29
Wafuryokan Misato : open from 4/30 (baths cannot be used)
Nonohana : open from 5/1
San-Ai Kogen Hotel : open from 8/1
(However,the following inns do not yet know when they will be able to reopen:
Kurokawaso,Ryokan Konoyu,Ryokan Nanjoen,Ryokan Nishimura )
Shops,cafes and restaurants are also mostly open , but please note that they may be closed on days other than their scheduled days off.
The situation may change at short notice,so please check with Kurokawa Vistor Center (+81-967-44-0076) who will have the updated information on a daily basis, or with the individual establishments before your trip.
A rainy morning in Kurokawa…..but Golden Week will be brighter!!
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- Extension of temporary closure period at Kurokawa Onsen May 2020 - May 7, 2020
- Kurokawa Onsen temporary closure during Golden Week 2020 - April 29, 2020
- Spring at last! Kurokawa update for March 2020. - March 17, 2020
- A Happy New Year of the Mouse,2020! - January 2, 2020
- October …Matsuri time again! (2019) - October 2, 2019