Time to get a group of friends together and explore Kurokawa Onsen, where the the spring air is fresh,the hot spring baths well….hot and various colourful blooms and blossoms are returning!
Don`t forget that for only ¥1,500 you can rent a yukata set (yukata,obi belt and warm hanten jacket) from Bechin-kan ,which is located downstairs behind the Vistor Center . Open from 10am it`s best to get there early to choose a yukata in your favourite colour and design. A member of staff can help you if you are not sure how to wear the yukata correctly.
Looking for somewhere to leave your bags while you stroll around town? For day-trippers with large bags there are coin lockers available near the Visitor Center as well as near the highway bus stop (near Cosmos gas station). For only ¥500 you can probably fit two suitcases in the largest size locker.
One important update is that Nanjyoen (名城苑) Ryokan,which was damaged in the 2016 Kumamoto earthquakes reopened on April 15th after a major renovation that has taken three years, and is accepting bookings from the 18th. I`m looking forward to having a look around the newly-renovated inn and trying the baths soon!
….and finally for today, I just love the Kurokawa style bus stops!
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- Resumption of Onsen-hopping in Kurokawa Onsen from June 1st,2020 - May 31, 2020
- Extension of temporary closure period at Kurokawa Onsen May 2020 - May 7, 2020
- Kurokawa Onsen temporary closure during Golden Week 2020 - April 29, 2020
- Spring at last! Kurokawa update for March 2020. - March 17, 2020
- A Happy New Year of the Mouse,2020! - January 2, 2020