UPDATE: ( February 18) Snow and ice cleared quickly,but cold conditions may return later this month,so please do check the weather forecast before setting out .
Kurokawa and area look absolutely stunning today (February 9th) after a few cms of snow during the night….but please do take care if you are driving. Temperatures drop considerably at night, and there will be icy patches in the early morning ,especially on the roads to and from some of the ryokan a little way out of the center of town. Winter tyres or chains may be necessary,if in doubt please ask the inn staff before you leave,or the car rental clerk before you set off on the drive to Kurokawa. Coaches use tyre chains in the snowy conditions,and are not usually badly affected.
Take great care if you are driving from Kumamoto on the `Milk Road`!
Of course….if the worst comes to the worst,Kurokawa has got to be one of the best places to be snowed in for a day or two!
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- Resumption of Onsen-hopping in Kurokawa Onsen from June 1st,2020 - May 31, 2020
- Extension of temporary closure period at Kurokawa Onsen May 2020 - May 7, 2020
- Kurokawa Onsen temporary closure during Golden Week 2020 - April 29, 2020
- Spring at last! Kurokawa update for March 2020. - March 17, 2020
- A Happy New Year of the Mouse,2020! - January 2, 2020