We are pleased to announce that from Monday June 1st onsen-hopping at Kurokawa Onsen will resume as the temporary closure notice from late April is lifted. At the same time , the Kurokawa Onsen Visitor Center (Kazenoya) will reopen for the sale of onsen-hopping passes.
Here at Kurokawa Onsen new measures have been implemented to help prevent any future spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus and we ask for your cooperation and understanding. Please also note that during this resumption period not all outdoor baths will be accessible to the public,and opening times may vary.
* At the Visitor Center and at the individual Ryokan measures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus will be in place.
* The usual onsen-hopping period of 8:30 to 21:00 may vary according to individual Ryokan.
* Certain additional restrictions concerning the number of people entering may be in place at some
* You will be given a bag when you purchase an onsen-hopping pass,please use this for your clothes when getting changed before entering the bath.
A Request to Onsen-hoppers
* In addition,prior to Onsen-hopping you will be asked to fill out a form with your name and contact information ,(purely as a measure to help control any future outbreak of the coronavirus)
*Please inform staff if you have a fever,cold symptoms or are generally feeling unwell.
* Please wear a mask when you visit Kurokawa Onsen
* Shared items ,such as baskets, may not be provided in the changing rooms.Please use the bag provided for carrying your clothes and personal items or use your own bag.
Please note that bar-hopping , electric bicycle rental and yukata rental have NOT been resumed at this time.
We apologise for any inconvenience and ask for your cooperation during this period.
The following two tabs change content below.
Teacher at フレンズ英会話 "Friends"English Conversation School
Resident in Kyushu for over 20 years and fortunate to be living in this beautiful corner of Aso close to a number of onsens including Kurokawa, which I love to visit with friends or my guests from overseas. Keeping this semi-official blog in English for the Kurokawa Onsen Ryokan Association now gives me the perfect excuse...I just HAVE to try all the (public outdoor) baths I possibly can!
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- Resumption of Onsen-hopping in Kurokawa Onsen from June 1st,2020 - May 31, 2020
- Extension of temporary closure period at Kurokawa Onsen May 2020 - May 7, 2020
- Kurokawa Onsen temporary closure during Golden Week 2020 - April 29, 2020
- Spring at last! Kurokawa update for March 2020. - March 17, 2020
- A Happy New Year of the Mouse,2020! - January 2, 2020