So let`s get down to the serious stuff right away….why do people come to Kurokawa Onsen?
They come for the famous hot spring baths, why else? Day-trippers and Ryokan guests alike can
make the most of their time here by getting their hands on one of these….
It`s an Onsen-hopping Pass or `nyuto tegata`(入湯手形）,and the latest version features
KUMAMON alongside a cheery chap who until recently had looked rather lonely in the bath….
The pass is available from the Visitor Center or reception desk at any of the 24 participating
Kurokawa Onsen Association member inns for only ¥1200 (adults) or ¥700 (children). It lets
you try THREE different public outdoor baths (that works out as a total saving of ¥300 on the
usual price of ¥500 per bath). You can wear it around your neck (even in the bath,it`s made of
locally-grown cedar) and then when you`ve finished Onsen-hopping it makes a cool souvenir….
(Shhh..I am actually balancing a cup of coffee on mine at the moment,it makes an ideal coaster!)
Just show the pass at reception of each Ryokan you visit and they will remove one of the stickers
on the back and stamp it with their own seal . The pass is valid for 6 months if you don`t manage
to try three baths in one go.
Now….how do I choose WHICH three?
Watch this space
Well,you could click on `Onsen MAP` at top right for a sneak preview…
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- Autumn 2020 in Kurokawa Onsen - November 11, 2020
- Resumption of Onsen-hopping in Kurokawa Onsen from June 1st,2020 - May 31, 2020
- Extension of temporary closure period at Kurokawa Onsen May 2020 - May 7, 2020
- Kurokawa Onsen temporary closure during Golden Week 2020 - April 29, 2020
- Spring at last! Kurokawa update for March 2020. - March 17, 2020