October pretty much means just one thing here in Kurokawa Onsen…its time to celebrate and be thankful for the plentiful, beneficial hot spring waters that flow forth in this corner of Kyushu!
Various events,with something for all ages, will take part over the weekend of October 5th and 6th, culminating in a colourful parade with a historical theme through central Kurokawa on Sunday morning (please be prepared for some traffic restrictions and follow signs past the gasoline stand to a spacious parking area from where a shuttle bus will operate).
Details of the events starting on Saturday afternoon will be posted near the main event stage,which is next to the Visitor Center,or just pop in and ask . Dont miss the fireworks late on Saturday night! (Times/events are subject to change)
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- Resumption of Onsen-hopping in Kurokawa Onsen from June 1st,2020 - May 31, 2020
- Extension of temporary closure period at Kurokawa Onsen May 2020 - May 7, 2020
- Kurokawa Onsen temporary closure during Golden Week 2020 - April 29, 2020
- Spring at last! Kurokawa update for March 2020. - March 17, 2020
- A Happy New Year of the Mouse,2020! - January 2, 2020