My student at one of the Ryokan in Kurokawa did a translation of the schedule of events at the two-day festival in Kurokawa,
so this may be helpful if you are planning to join in:
* * * * * * *
Every year there is a big event in Kurokawa in October “Kurokawaonsen Kanshasai”
This year it will be on October 4th and 5th. Please come and join in the fun!
OCTOBER 4TH schedule of events
15:00 Drums and band
Various foods stalls
16:00 Lucky draw for childen. (free)
games for children
17:30 Live band!
18:00 Official opening
18:10 Kagura performance
19:00 Arm wrestling(men)
Bottom sumo (women)
20:00 Traditional “Ushibuka Haiya” dance performance
20:30 Drum performance
20:45 Catch a mochi rice cake!
20:55 Closing remarks
Lucky draw results!
Place: Visitor Center car park
* * * * * *
OCTOBER 5TH schedule of events
Parade in samurai costume
Start 11am from “Sanai rest house”
The route is along “Kawabatadori” through the center of Kurokawa and takes approx.1 hour
The red line shows the route of the parade.
(from right to left)
Bring your camera!
In the event of rain the parade will be cancelled.
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- New Year 2018 in Kurokawa - December 30, 2017
- Best season to visit Kurokawa Onsen is now! - November 18, 2017
- Yukata Rental in Kurokawa Onsen - October 29, 2017
- Kurokawa Morning Picnic - October 1, 2017
- UPCOMING EVENT `Onsen Festival` October 7th and 8th, 2017 - September 23, 2017