My student at one of the Ryokan in Kurokawa did a translation of the schedule of events at the two-day festival in Kurokawa,
so this may be helpful if you are planning to join in:
* * * * * * *
Every year there is a big event in Kurokawa in October “Kurokawaonsen Kanshasai”
This year it will be on October 4th and 5th. Please come and join in the fun!
OCTOBER 4TH schedule of events
15:00 Drums and band
Various foods stalls
16:00 Lucky draw for childen. (free)
games for children
17:30 Live band!
18:00 Official opening
18:10 Kagura performance
19:00 Arm wrestling(men)
Bottom sumo (women)
20:00 Traditional “Ushibuka Haiya” dance performance
20:30 Drum performance
20:45 Catch a mochi rice cake!
20:55 Closing remarks
Lucky draw results!
Place: Visitor Center car park
* * * * * *
OCTOBER 5TH schedule of events
Parade in samurai costume
Start 11am from “Sanai rest house”
The route is along “Kawabatadori” through the center of Kurokawa and takes approx.1 hour
The red line shows the route of the parade.
(from right to left)
Bring your camera!
In the event of rain the parade will be cancelled.
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- Resumption of Onsen-hopping in Kurokawa Onsen from June 1st,2020 - May 31, 2020
- Extension of temporary closure period at Kurokawa Onsen May 2020 - May 7, 2020
- Kurokawa Onsen temporary closure during Golden Week 2020 - April 29, 2020
- Spring at last! Kurokawa update for March 2020. - March 17, 2020
- A Happy New Year of the Mouse,2020! - January 2, 2020