Spring is slowly but surely coming to Kurokawa Onsen…the mornings can be cool and crisp,yet the afternoons can heat up to over 15 or 16 ° C. Warm enough for an ice cream while you wander through town!
You’ll notice one or two areas where essential road repair and construction is going on in the center of Kurokawa if you visit at this time,and parking in the main Visitor Center car park is strictly limited as building work continues on Ryokan Nanjoen. A little birdie tells me that some improvements will be going on at the Visitor Center itself later this year.
You can park at several other car parks in Kurokawa for free, one I often use is on the left just before the temporary traffic lights on Sakuradori. Or continue past the Visitor Center and you’ll find several other numbered overflow car parks further down the road,although signs seem to be entirely in Japanese!
On a recent visit my son made this fun and informative mini video about Kurokawa Onsen , please take a look at Kurokawa Onsen part 1 on YouTube!
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- Resumption of Onsen-hopping in Kurokawa Onsen from June 1st,2020 - May 31, 2020
- Extension of temporary closure period at Kurokawa Onsen May 2020 - May 7, 2020
- Kurokawa Onsen temporary closure during Golden Week 2020 - April 29, 2020
- Spring at last! Kurokawa update for March 2020. - March 17, 2020
- A Happy New Year of the Mouse,2020! - January 2, 2020