FREE outdoor bathing day in Kurokawa Onsen !
WHEN? June 26th,2014 from 10:00 to 15:00 (day-trippers/onsen-hoppers)
10:00 to 21:00 (ryokan guests,who must wear their yukata to participate)
WHERE? The outdoor baths (rotenburo 露店風呂） at any of the 24 participating ryokan in Kurokawa (please click on the `Onsen Map` link at the top of the page for a Kurokawa map in English)
WHY? It`s a kind of play on words… The number 26 can be read in Japanese as `fu ro`,which also means `bath`. So go ahead and enjoy a free bath on this especially significant date in June!
Just pop into the reception of the ryokan first (rather than go directly to the bath) and they will show you the way.
There will also be free tea served in the Relaxation Lounge at the `Bechin-kan Building` behind the Visitor Center between 10:00 and 15:00. 😉
I think I`ve covered the useful bits (the important-looking red triangles on the blue and green lines meeting at the Visitor Center in the middle of the map below appear to be stops for a shuttle bus running from 10:00 to 15:00,but I`d better check that with my boss as I`m not 100% sure…)
Just noticed that the Heisei year is also 26,so the date for this free bathing extravaganza is actually 26/6/26 . So book a day off,grab your towel and head for Kurokawa!
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- Resumption of Onsen-hopping in Kurokawa Onsen from June 1st,2020 - May 31, 2020
- Extension of temporary closure period at Kurokawa Onsen May 2020 - May 7, 2020
- Kurokawa Onsen temporary closure during Golden Week 2020 - April 29, 2020
- Spring at last! Kurokawa update for March 2020. - March 17, 2020
- A Happy New Year of the Mouse,2020! - January 2, 2020