Sunny autumn skies,cool crisp morning air,a sea of clouds over Aso and autumn colours everywhere…in my opinion this simply is the best time of year to visit Kurokawa Onsen and area.
Now is the perfect time to pop over to Kurukawa Onsen for a day trip with your friends. Just purchase an onsen-hopping pass,rent a Yukata for the day if you like and spend the day wandering around town taking in the atmosphere and popping into the local cafes for coffee or lunch. A week day will be quieter,and during the period after checkout at 10am and check in at 3pm,you may even be lucky enough to have the bath to yourselves!
Feeling more energetic? Then pick up an English Hiking Map and set off on foot to see the spectacular views from Lover`s Hill (or rent an electric bicycle!). Once you return to the town center, relax in a hot spring bath and then maybe try out some of the autumn specials in the Roux cake shop or other specialities that are on offer around town.
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- Resumption of Onsen-hopping in Kurokawa Onsen from June 1st,2020 - May 31, 2020
- Extension of temporary closure period at Kurokawa Onsen May 2020 - May 7, 2020
- Kurokawa Onsen temporary closure during Golden Week 2020 - April 29, 2020
- Spring at last! Kurokawa update for March 2020. - March 17, 2020
- A Happy New Year of the Mouse,2020! - January 2, 2020