Its`s a beautiful morning,sunny and breezy here in this part of Kyushu after a wet and blustery day yesterday.
So….all in all a perfect day for a stroll around Kurokawa Onsen , a dip and a bite to eat. I`m happy to report that my favourite cake shop in Kurokawa is also open again now! Visitors are returning to Kurokawa Onsen to enjoy `Golden Week`.
RYOKAN AND OUTDOOR BATHS
This brief update is just to let you know that almost all Ryokan and baths are in operation now,with the exception of:
Kurokawa So,Kounoyu,Nanjoen (reopening date not yet decided,but baths are already open at Kounoyu)
San -Ai Kogen Hotel (reopening 8/1)
Also,the baths at Yusai and Misato cannot be used at the moment
KYUSHU ODAN BUS
From 5/1 there is ONE bus a day from Kumamoto to Beppu via Kurokawa and Yufuin and ONE in the opposite direction. Please check on the Kyushu Odan Bus website for exact details,or call the Kurokawa Visitor Center (81 0967-44-0819) or the Kyusanko Bus Center (81 096-325-0100) as this information is likely to change.
According to the Japanese schedule,from 5/1:
KUMAMOTO TO BEPPU
Kumamoto Station (Stop 3) 12:15
Kumamoto Airport 13:00
Yufuin Station 16:23
Beppu Station 17:14
BEPPU TO KUMAMOTO
Beppu Station 8:09
Yufuin Station 9:00
Kumamoto Airport 12:15
Kumamoto Station 13:05
Enjoy the rest of Golden Week and please don`t hesitate to visit Kurokawa Onsen now ,or in the near (or even more distant) future!
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- Shopping and Eating in Kurokawa # 12 : Raifu Gift Shop - July 23, 2017
- Heavy rain in Kurokawa and area July 6th,2017 and July 7th UPDATE - July 6, 2017
- Restaurant Bus 5/22 to 6/1 in Aso/Kurokawa/Yufuin area - May 23, 2017
- Shopping and Eating in Kurokawa # 11: Naka Restaurant - May 23, 2017
- Shopping and Eating in Kurokawa #10: Kisho Tofu restaurant - May 21, 2017