If you are staying at a ryokan in Kurokawa between now and the end of July,it`s the perfect chance to join an evening firefly- viewing tour. Just make a reservation before 4pm at the reception of the ryokan where you are staying,as places are limited. Meet at the Visitor Center at 7:50pm for an 8pm departure,the tour is free and lasts about an hour. You are advised to wear shoes rather than sandals and requested not to take flash photographs or leave litter. If the weather is too wet or cold there may not be many fireflies ,but most evenings there should be quite a show! The tour is cancelled in case of rain.
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- UPCOMING EVENT `Onsen Festival` October 7th and 8th, 2017 - September 23, 2017
- Shopping and Eating in Kurokawa # 12 : Raifu Gift Shop - July 23, 2017
- Heavy rain in Kurokawa and area July 6th,2017 and July 7th UPDATE - July 6, 2017
- Restaurant Bus 5/22 to 6/1 in Aso/Kurokawa/Yufuin area - May 23, 2017
- Shopping and Eating in Kurokawa # 11: Naka Restaurant - May 23, 2017