Fudo (風°C) is a fairly new café that popped up on Sakuradori Street (gekkojyu) and has a covered deck area where you can sit and look out onto the street. Open from 11:00 to 17:00 every day the café offers a variety of drinks and snacks for eating in or taking out.
We chose to eat in ,as it was a cool and wet afternoon,but several customers were wrapped up in their yukata robes and tanzen (short jackets) and enjoying drinks out on the deck. The large,juicy meatburger sold here (¥600) was a hit with my son,while my daughter and I sipped herb tea in real china tea cups. The hibiscus tea (¥200) was refreshing,but we were a little disappointed that other yummy-sounding teas (caramel and strawberry) advertised on the chalkboard menu were not available.
Pictures of items on the menu are clearly displayed on the wall and counter,so its easy to point to what you`d like to order. Prices seemed reasonable for the quality and amount of food,although a plate of sirloin steak would set you back ¥2500. Seasonal specialities are also available.
Open daily 11:00 to 17:00
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- Best season to visit Kurokawa Onsen is now! - November 18, 2017
- Yukata Rental in Kurokawa Onsen - October 29, 2017
- Kurokawa Morning Picnic - October 1, 2017
- UPCOMING EVENT `Onsen Festival` October 7th and 8th, 2017 - September 23, 2017
- Shopping and Eating in Kurokawa # 12 : Raifu Gift Shop - July 23, 2017