Winter is the perfect season for spending a leisurely day in Kurokawa Onsen with your onsen-hopping pass (¥1300,good for three baths) and warming up in an outdoor hot spring bath.
Over the New Year period,the outdoor baths are open as usual! Most shops and cafes are also open,although you may find that many will take a day or two off in early January just after New Year.
If you are in Kurokawa on Monday Jan 1st,Sunday 14th or Sunday 21st there will be mochi rice cake-pounding and a Japanese drum performance held in the square behind the Visitor Center from 1pm (please do check at the Visitor Center in case the scheduled time for this event changes).
Bamboo illuminations along the river in the center of Kurokawa can also be viewed in the evenings from December 22nd until the end of March.
Take care on the roads,especially early morning or at night if the weather is snowy . Temperatures can drop and there may be icy patches.
A Happy New Year of the Dog 2018!
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- New Year 2018 in Kurokawa - December 30, 2017
- Best season to visit Kurokawa Onsen is now! - November 18, 2017
- Yukata Rental in Kurokawa Onsen - October 29, 2017
- Kurokawa Morning Picnic - October 1, 2017
- UPCOMING EVENT `Onsen Festival` October 7th and 8th, 2017 - September 23, 2017