Just a brief post to say that,six months after the Kumamoto/Oita earthquakes in April this year,most things are pretty much back to normal in Kurokawa Onsen and have been for some time. Two inns,Kurokawaso ,Nanjoen and their outdoor baths are still not in operation,with some renovation work still ongoing (although there seems to be no mention of this on the main Kurokawa Tourism website). Heavy rain earlier in the summer did cause a small landslide by the road in front of Yusai Hotel, and with roadworks underway temporary traffic lights are set up for the control of traffic there.
As for shops and restaurants,there is a new cafe Fu-do (風℃）centrally located in Sakuradori, selling real beef burgers,hotdogs,fried chicken,drinks and snacks. A nice location for sitting outside on the deck area and watching the world go by…
Now that autumn is here Kurokawa bursts into colour,and attracted by various recent discount offers online, guests from Japan and overseas will be filling the inns,streets and baths once again.
For an excellent report on the Aso and Kumamoto region as a whole since the earthquake,please take a look at the update by Helen over at Explore Kumamoto.
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- Best season to visit Kurokawa Onsen is now! - November 18, 2017
- Yukata Rental in Kurokawa Onsen - October 29, 2017
- Kurokawa Morning Picnic - October 1, 2017
- UPCOMING EVENT `Onsen Festival` October 7th and 8th, 2017 - September 23, 2017
- Shopping and Eating in Kurokawa # 12 : Raifu Gift Shop - July 23, 2017