I find it impossible to walk past this bustling little cake shop without popping in for their speciality choux cream buns,freshly-filled to order (¥220) You can perch at the small table in the shop or on a bench outside and gobble them down straightaway (coffee is served too sometimes,but this may depend on how busy the shop is) or have them carefully packaged up with dry ice if you are taking them home for later.
Located in the narrow Shimokawabata-dori Street, ROKU (麓パティスリー）is on the corner just across from a small temple. It can get very crowded at times,with tourists buying boxes of cakes just after checking out mid-morning and before travelling home. Opening hours are from 9am to 6pm, closed Tuesdays. The cakes on display are mouth-watering,ranging from Apple pies to Swiss Rolls and cheesecakes and other seasonal choices.
Please note that ROKU is primarily a cake shop,not a sit down cafe,although they do let you perch for a short time to devour your recently purchased goodies!
And a polite request from the staff…..PLEASE do not touch any unwrapped cakes before you purchase!!! I know it can perhaps be hard for some of you to control yourselves….but it`s a no-no!
OPEN DAILY (not Tuesdays) 9:00 to 18:00
A little English spoken
CREDIT CARDS: Yes
Latest posts by onsen-hopper (see all)
- Shopping and Eating in Kurokawa # 12 : Raifu Gift Shop - July 23, 2017
- Heavy rain in Kurokawa and area July 6th,2017 and July 7th UPDATE - July 6, 2017
- Restaurant Bus 5/22 to 6/1 in Aso/Kurokawa/Yufuin area - May 23, 2017
- Shopping and Eating in Kurokawa # 11: Naka Restaurant - May 23, 2017
- Shopping and Eating in Kurokawa #10: Kisho Tofu restaurant - May 21, 2017